Pasco Science WorkshopTM
Hooking Up the Interface
-> Mr. Stanbrough ->Pasco
Interface Notes-> this page
To hook up the interface box:
- The electrical power plug from the transformer goes in the
back of the interface box, in the receptacle marked "9 VDC 500
- The DIN cable to the computer goes in the receptacle in the
back of the interface box marked "To Computer" (duh...).
- The other end of the computer cable goes in either the modem
or printer port, assuming the computer has one. If it has only a
USB (serial) port (IMac), you will need to use a serial adapter
between USB port of the computer and the interface cable.
- The power switch is on the back of the interface box. When you
switch it on, the green LED on the front of the box should
- Open the Science WorkshopTM program. It will
search for the interface connection, and when found, will
initialize the interface.
last update June 31, 2000 by JL