Kinematics Graph Activity
Velocity vs. Time Graphs:
For each motion below, sketch your prediction for its velocity vs.
time graph on the axes on the left. Then perform the motion and
sketch the graph produced by the motion detector on the axes on the
1. Motion: You remain at rest (motionless) at the 2 meter mark
from the detector.
2. Motion: You walk slowly from the 1 meter mark to the 3
3. Motion: You walk slowly from the 3 meter mark to the 1
4. Motion: Starting at the 1 meter mark, you walk slowly to
the 3 meter mark, then quickly back to the 1 meter mark.
5. Motion: Starting at the 3 meter mark, walk quickly to the 2
meter mark. Wait there for 2-3 seconds, then walk very slowly to the
0.5 meter mark.
last update September 7, 2001 by JL