Indiana State Standards for Physics 1
that Relate to Ch 7 - Momentum
BHS -> Mr. Stanbrough -> Physics -> Mechanics -> Momentum -> Terms & Objectives -> this page
Academic Standards 2000 for Physics I contain two standards and
four supporting themes. The standards are:
- Standard 1: The Principles of Physics
- Standard 2: Historical Perspectives of Physics
The supporting themes are:
- The Nature of Science and Technology
- Scientific Thinking
- The Mathematical World
- Common Themes
The Standards that Relate to Chapter 7 - Momentum are:
- The Properties of Matter
- P.1.4 Employ correct units in describing common physical
- The Relationships Between Motion and Force
- P.1.5 Use appropriate vector and scalar quantities to solve
kinematics and dynamics problems in one and two dimensions.
- P.1.6 Describe and measure motion in terms of position, time, and the derived quantities of velocity and acceleration.
Use the ... conservation of momentum law to predict, both conceptually and quantitatively, the results of the interactions between objects.
- Momentum and Energy
- P.1.15 Distinguish between the concepts of momentum (using the formula p = mv) and energy.
- P.1.16 Describe circumstances under which each conservation law may be used.
BHS -> Mr. Stanbrough -> Physics -> Physics 1 -> Mechanics -> Momentum -> Terms & Objectives -> this page
last update June 5, 2008 by JL